Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Wine Tasting - Lyeth Pinot Noir


This Pinot Noir was much better than I expected.  I bought it along with the Josephine Dubois Pinot Noir to compare the differences between "Old World" and "New World" and I fully expected to enjoy the French wine more.  This wine had a higher original price and I was able to get it on sale so maybe I enjoyed it more because I felt like I got a great deal, or maybe the wine itself really was better.  The nose had scents of wood, tree bark, moss, and grassy fields.  It had a sweet start but a hot finish.  The strongest tastes to me were of walnut with a slightly acidic mid-pallet that reminded me of nail polish remover and finished with a strong buttery flavor.  A very enjoyable wine and one I hope to see at this price point again.

No comments:

Post a Comment